Deadline: March 31, 2020
Study in China – Chinese Government Scholarship 2020
Zhejiang University CSC Scholarship 2020 is now open for all international students and the deadline to submit the application is March 31, 2020.
Coverage of Zhejiang University CSC Scholarship
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and accommodation fee;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China
- Monthly stipend is granted to the students at the following rates:
Master’s degree candidate: 1700 CNY/month
Doctoral degree candidate: 2000 CNY/month
Scholarship students shall receive their monthly living allowance after registration. New students who register before the 15th (15th included) of the registration month will get the full amount of living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half the amount of that month. Upon graduation, students will get a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation date set by the university.
Monthly living allowances cover school holidays. Scholarship students who missed the monthly living allowance during holidays may be reimbursed upon their return on campus.
A Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Program for International Students in China is provided for the scholarship students in China in case of hospitalization for serious diseases and accidental injuries.
Zhejiang University CSC Scholarship Categories and Duration
|Study Program||Duration of Degree Program|
|Doctoral degree||3-4 academic years|
|Master’s degree||2-3 academic years|
Zhejiang University CSC Scholarship Eligibility
- Applicants must meet the requirements prescribed in Doctoral Degree Programs Admission 2020 or Master’s Degree Programs Admission 2020.
- Applicants should have a competitive academic record and display a strong scientific research ability.
- Applicants may not be beneficiaries of any other scholarships at the time of application.
- Education background and age limit:
– Applicants for the master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
– Applicants for the doctoral degree program must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
How to Apply for Zhejing University CSC Scholarship
The applicants need to provide the following materials truly and correctly.
Applicants shall submit the following application materials to the Admissions Office (postgraduate program) of the International College of Zhejiang University by post or in person.
- Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University, pasted with a recent photograph (white background, 35mm×45mm in size).
Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form via the Student Login first (Link), then print and sign the Application Form produced by the online application system.
- Application Form for Zhejiang University Scholarship, pasted with a recent photograph. Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form via the Scholarship Applicants Login first (Link), then print and sign.
- Highest degree certificates, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they shall provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Academic transcripts, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Language proficiency certificate
Chinese medium courses: report of HSK4 or above (score: 210 or above, valid for two years), English level certificate.
- English medium courses:
IELTS (5.5 or above) or TOEFL (80 or above) report (valid for two years)；Or English proficiency certificate provided by previous academic institutions
- Certificate of No Criminal Record
- Acceptance letter( not a must)
- A photocopy of passport (Valid for one year at least).
- Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal.
- Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors in English or Chinese.
- Motivation Letter for Scholarship
- Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (If any)
- Remittance receipt of the application fee (RMB 800 yuan). (Bank account)
- Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor. Download (If any)
- The incomplete application materials will not be processed.
- Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of the application.
- The application package should be labeled “Application for Zhejiang University Scholarship 2020”
- Please note the winter break is from January 26th, 2020 to February 21st, 2020, during which there will be no real-time processing of your application.
About Zhejiang University
The International College of Zhejiang University is a special teaching and administrative institute responsible for the enrollment, service, and Chinese as Second Language (CSL) program, consisting of General Affairs Office, Student Affairs Office, Admissions Office, Teaching Affairs Office, Chinese Language Teaching Center, as well as Foreign Experts and Overseas Students Service Center, whose head office is located in Yuquan Campus with two other administrative offices located in Zijianggang Campus and Huajiachi Campus respectively.
The university had its first enrollment of international students in 1979 and since then, nearly 30,000 international students have come to study in the school. In 2017, the International College gave admission to, both long-term and short-term, more than 6,800 overseas students coming from 148 countries across the world, including 777 doctoral candidates, 906 graduate students, 2433 undergraduate students, 588 visiting students, 1,382 long-term Chinese language students and 757 students of short-term programs. The college has a strong teaching faculty composed of more than 40 full-time teachers and over 40 part-time teachers, including 2 professors and 5 associate professors.