Deadline: December 1, 2019
The Young Global Changers program brings together young people from around the world who are working towards a global paradigm shift, combining their talents and together becoming a strong voice for change. Successful applicants will receive a full scholarship to participate in the Global Solutions Summer School and the Global Solutions Summit from April 17-22, 2020 in Berlin, Germany. (Fully Funded
We are currently witnessing a trend in many advanced and emerging economies where economic prosperity is increasingly becoming decoupled from social prosperity and environmental sustainability. There is an urgent need for a global paradigm change to recouple the economy with social and ecological needs, and to reverse the growing global inequality.
If you share our concern about the current global situation; if you are already engaged in a project or initiative to bring about positive change; if you would like to participate in a comprehensive summer school and attend the Global Solutions Summit in Berlin and if you would like to contribute as a member of an active global community of change-makers – then apply to the Young Global Changers program by December 1, 2019!
The Young Global Changers are individuals with innovative ideas on how to make this world a better place. They must have developed a project or an initiative to turn these ideas into action.
This project can be a research project, a social project, a global advocacy campaign or a local neighborhood initiative, a business idea a social enterprise, and more. Furthermore, the project needs to be connected to a current global challenge and must aim to make an impact at the global, regional or local levels.
What is Part of the Program?
- 1. The Global Solutions Summer School (April 17 – 22, 2020)
- 2. The Global Solutions Summit (April 20 – 21, 2020)
- 3. Continued Engagement
- Young researchers and academics involved in a research project that tackles issues related to the recoupling of economy, society and environmental sustainability,
- Young entrepreneurs and innovators involved in a social enterprise aimed at recoupling, and young business leaders aiming at changing “business as usual” from the inside,
- Young non-profit leaders, active as community organizers, advocacy leaders, campaigners, or implementers of social, economic or environmental change on a local, regional or global level,
- who are between the ages of 21 and 35,
- who want to become longstanding, active members of a strong global network which aims at bringing about lasting global change,
- who commit to working constantly towards recoupling the economy with social well-being in a sustainable way,
- who want to become regular contributors to the Global Solutions Summit and other events and activities of the Global Solutions Initiative.
We are offering full scholarships* for the participation in the Young Global Changers Program 2020. Which include the following:
- Travel expenses to and from Berlin**
- Accommodation for the time of the summer school & Summit (April 17 -22, 2020)
- Free admission to the Global Solutions Summit 2020
- Lectures with global thought-leaders from academia and beyond
- Comprehensive summer school workshops
- Networking opportunities with great minds from academia, business, politics & civil society
- Access to an exclusive global network of like-minded Young Global Changers
- Possibilities for further engagement
- *Please note that all expenses must be paid upfront and will be reimbursed within 6 weeks after the Global Solutions Summer School.
- Do bear in mind that participants are responsible for submitting reimbursement claims. Currency fluctuations may lead to small changes in the total amount reimbursed.
- **Additional costs may apply for local transportation in Berlin, visa arrangements, food, travel insurance and more. These costs will not be covered by the program.
How to apply:
The Application Process:
The application process consists of two phases. The first phase ends December 1, 2019. We will inform all candidates about the outcome of the first round of selections by December 19, 2019.
Successful applicants will participate in a second round of applications, where they will be asked to provide additional materials. The deadline for the second round will be in January 2020. The selection process will be concluded in February 2020.