Deadline 31 January 2019 (2359 CET – Vienna time)
The Vienna Biocenter Summer School is a platform for approx. 30 undergraduate students to work side by side with leading researchers in a dynamic scientific environment.
The main motive of this fully-funded Summer School in Austria is to attract talented students from around the world, creating a vibrant and diverse atmosphere. Moreover, it is the perfect preparation for those students who have an interest in graduate study in the life sciences arena. The program starts on the last Friday in June and finishes on the last Friday of August each year.
The school is a collaboration between five of Europe’s leading research institutes; Research Center for Molecular Medicine (Opens external link in new windowCEMM), Gregor Mendel Institute (Opens external link in new window GMI), Institute of Molecular Biotechnology (Opens external link in new windowIMBA), Institute of Molecular Pathology (Opens external link in new window IMP) and the Max Perutz Labs (Opens external link in new window Max Perutz Labs). Overall, Max Birnstiel Foundation covers all the funds and expenses of the program.
Candidates must have the following eligibilities in order to apply for this Fully-funded Vienna Biocenter Summer School in Austria
- Completion of least 2 years of a University study (eg. 2/3 years of a Bachelor study or at least 1 year of a Master study – by 30 June).
- In addition to that, previous research experience as well as a good academic record.
- High level of English language.
- Furthermore, evidence of enrolment in a University program for the current academic year and the next year (if possible).
Participants will have the following facilities
- Free student accommodation. In addition to that, each student will be awarded a stipend of 1400 euros after tax for the nine-week program.
- Medical insurance is included in the contract for the nine weeks.
- A free travel pass providing unlimited use of public transport within Vienna for the duration of the scholarship.
- Reimbursement of travel costs to and from Vienna.
- Furthermore, an opportunity to attend numerous social events.
Click here to go to the official link.
|Type of Opportunity||Entrepreneurship Events|
|Event Date||01 July 2020 to 28 August 2020|
|Deadline||31 January 2020|
|Open to||All Nationalities|
For more information, Vist Vienna Biocenter Summer School