Country: USA City: Washington DC
Deadline: 10 January 2019
Applications are now open for World Bank SDGs&Her Competition 2020 for Women Entrepreneurs (Win a Trip to the USA). In 2015, all 193 United Nations member countries signed on to 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to “create the future we want in 2030.” Apply for SDGs & Her Competition now!
SDGs&Her is an online competition for women entrepreneurs to showcase how they are supporting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through their business operations.
Further, the 2019 contest attracted over 1,200 entries from all regions of the world: Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean, South Asia, the Middle East, and North Arica, Europe, and Central Asia, and East Asia and the Pacific.
Likewise, partners of the competition are the World Bank Group; Wharton School’s Zicklin Center for Business Ethics Research; UN Development Programme (UNDP) and UN Women.
- Winners will receive leadership training, mentoring
- They will also get a chance to fly to Washington DC for an event at the World Bank Group-IMF Spring Meetings in April 2020, where they will showcase their achievements.
What are the eligibilities for SDGs&Her Competition 2020 for Women Entrepreneurs
To be a participant in SDGs&Her Competition 2020 for Women Entrepreneurs, you must:
- Be a woman owner of a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years
- Similarly, own a micro-enterprise, with at least 1 and no more than 9 employees
- Likewise, have loan eligibility of under USD $10,000 or annual sales of under USD $100,000
- Own a small-enterprise, with at least 10 and no more than 49 employees
- Have loan eligibility of under USD $100,000 or annual sales of under USD $3,000,000
How to apply for SDGs&Her Competition 2020 for Women Entrepreneurs?
In order t apply for this competition, applicants must complete a short online template, describing their work and linking their initiative/product to 1 or more SDGs. Furthermore, the university partner will review the application and judges from the expert panel will do the selection depending upon the impact on the SDGs, vision and purpose, and clarity of the entries.
|Type of Opportunity||Competitions and Awards|
|Deadline||10 January 2019|
|Open to||All Nationalities|