Payroll Assistant Vacancy at UN Office at Nairobi
Deadline: 19 December 2019
|Posting Title:||Payroll Assistant, G6|
|Job Code Title:||HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT|
|Department/Office:||United Nations Office at Nairobi|
|Duty Station:||NAIROBI; NAIROBI;|
|Posting Period:||20 November 2019 – 19 December 2019|
|Job Opening Number:||19-Human Resources-UNON-126116-R-Nairobi (X)|
The appointee Payroll Assistant will perform the following jobs at the UN headquarter in Africa
- Scrutinizes source documents for completeness, accuracy, and validity of entitlements;
- Investigates erroneous entitlements and takes appropriate corrective accounting actions.
- Communicates with client offices regarding missing documentation or any other issues related to discrepancies between their entitlements and claims.
- Reconciles and reviews suspense accounts and ensure proper clearance procedures have been followed.
- Consolidates data into financial statements.
- Assists with the monitoring of expenditures to ensure they remain within authorized levels and will also prepare worksheets and assists with the preparation of financial statements.
- Audits various accounting transactions, e.g., payroll, education grants, final payments, income tax returns, travel claims, etc., to ensure the correctness of disbursements and adherence to relevant
staff rules, financial regulations, and rules, ST/AI issuances or practices.
- Provides guidance and training to colleagues as well as supervises other General Service staff as required.
- Drafts/prepare memoranda and/or cables to various offices, departments and client offices.
- Responds to queries from staff members and third parties.
- Provides information to individual participants and pensioners/beneficiaries as well as administrative staff of the member organizations of the Pension Fund on participation, entitlements and
- Routes relevant requests to appropriate parties within the Fund’s secretariat.
- Undertakes necessary research in order to provide accurate information; ensures responses to queries conform to the provisions and rules and regulations of the Pension Fund and the Pension
- Assists in the determination of eligibility, enroll new entrants and activities related to separation cases.
- Prepares separation notification forms and submits to the pension funds with supporting documentation.
- Furthermore, s/he will also have to perform other duties as may be required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- A high school diploma or equivalent is mandatory. In addition to that, additional training in finance, administration, project management is desired. Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat.
- A minimum of seven years of experience in finance, budget or related area is required.
- Working experience with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and finance system such as Oracle or SAP and experience with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) is desirable.
- Experience in Excel, Access and other analytical tools is desirable.
- For the post advertised, fluency in written and oral English. Furthermore, knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
|Type of Opportunity||General Job|
|Deadline||19 December 2019|
|Company Name||United Nations|