Country: USA City: Washington DC
Deadline: 31 January 2020
Applications are now open for Paid World Bank Summer Internship Program 2020. The World Bank (WB) Internship Program offers highly enthusiastic individuals an opportunity to work to the mission and work of the WB in international development.
Furthermore, the internship allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience into the WB’s work and improve their skills while working in a diverse environment. Similarly, an internship at the WB is an opportunity to learn while gaining practical experience. Interns generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting. In addition, it is a way to enhance their CVs with practical work experience.
What are the benefits of the World Bank Summer Internship Program 2020?
- The WB pays an hourly salary to all Interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance toward travel expenses up to USD 3,000 at the discretion of the manager.
- These travel expenses can only include transport expenses (airfare) to or from the duty station city.
- However, interns are responsible for their own accommodations.
- Similarly, driven by business needs, most Intern positions are based in Washington, DC with a few others in the WB country offices. Usually, internship opportunities are for a minimum of four weeks.
Eligibility for the World Bank Summer Internship Program 2020?
To be eligible for an Internship, candidates must
- have an undergraduate degree and currently be in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a master’s degree or Ph.D. with plans to return to school full-time). There is no age limit.
- have fluency in English.
- Knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese is desirable.
- Other skills such as computing skills are advantageous.
- We value diversity in our workplace and encourage all qualified individuals, particularly women, with diverse professional and academic backgrounds to apply.
The WB Internship Program typically seeks candidates for:
- Operations (Front Line) in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, engineering, urban planning, natural resources management, private sector development, and other related fields; or Corporate support (Accounting, Communications, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Treasury, and other corporate services).
How to apply for the World Bank Summer Internship Program 2020?
Application Form: Take time to prepare your application and enter your personal information accurately. You will be asked to upload the following documents:
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
– Statement of Interest
– Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
|Type of Opportunity||Internships|
|Deadline||31 January 2020|
|Open to||All Nationalities|
|Contact the organizer||(202) 473-1000|