The One Young World & London Business School Scholarship will enable one member of the One Young World Ambassador Community to complete a transformative post-graduate degree program at London Business School (LBS).
LBS is one of the world’s leading business schools, redefining business practice and transforming careers across the globe. Through diverse perspectives, evidence-based research and premium learning experiences, LBS encourages its community to challenge the status quo, to outthink challenges and to free up people to define their own success, in a truly unique academic environment.
Like One Young World, LBS’s community spans the world. LBS’s students, staff, faculty, alumni and corporate partners come from every corner of the globe to create a powerfully connected network. The School’s diversity creates a unique, multicultural learning environment, where collaboration and innovation thrives.
LBS has delivered world-class business education for over 50 years and is consistently ranked as one of the best business schools in the world. Drawing on the expertise of its world-class faculty, LBS empowers students, organisations and corporate partners to have a profound impact on the way the world does business, and the way business impacts the world.
Click here for further details on LBS accreditation and rankings.
The School’s belief in the power of business to improve lives is integrated into its teaching and demonstrated by the work of London Business School’s Wheeler Institute for Business and Development.
What programmes can you study through the scholarship?
The scholarship offers you the opportunity to apply to join the 2020/21 cohort of LBS’s full-time, 12 month Masters in Management, Masters in Analytics and Management, or Masters in Financial Analysis programme. Learn more about which course is right for you below.
Masters in Management
Kick-start a world-class career in business with a Masters in Management (MiM) from LBS.
Developed in consultation with top global recruiters, the MiM equips you with the critical understanding, adaptive mindset, and business-ready practical skills to launch an international career in today’s fast-moving world. Interact with world-leading business minds and industry experts, and expand your global perspective within a student body drawn from every continent. During your studies, you will gain unparalleled opportunities to forge the international business connections and networks needed to make your mark effectively. The MiM gives you what you need to stand out from the competition, to hit the ground running and to deliver real impact wherever your career takes you.
Masters in Analytics and Management
An exciting recent addition to LBS’s successful Early Careers portfolio, the Masters in Analytics and Management is a unique one-year programme that blends the applied data analytics skills recruiters demand with world-class teaching in general management.
Integrated and practical, the MAM focuses on the point where business, data and machine learning intersect.
Top recruiters are actively seeking high-calibre graduates who combine a detailed knowledge of data analytics with strong business acumen. They want effective team players, keen communicators who can translate wide-ranging technical information to management in a compelling, cognizant manner. The MAM is designed to equip students to do just that.
Masters in Financial Analysis
Delivered in London – the world’s foremost capital market – the MFA gives you a rock-solid grounding in state-of-the-art financial tools, financial markets, and global business understanding. Our world-renowned faculty guide you through the latest in research, software and techniques, as you build the business-ready skills to shape your future.
Balancing theory with practice and real-world business exposure, the MFA gives you the chance to connect with international institutions and practitioners and build an international network. LBS’s strong relationship with global recruiters opens up unparalleled opportunities for you to set off on the right path in your professional journey.
What does the scholarship provide?
- A funded place on the 2020/21 intake of LBS’s Masters in Management, Masters in Analytics and Management, or Masters in Financial Analysis programs.
- In addition to waiving the program fees, LBS will provide the winning scholar with a stipend, creating a total scholarship package worth about £55,000.
- LBS will sponsor the successful applicant’s Tier 4 study visa if required.
Can I apply?
Only One Young World Ambassadors are eligible for this opportunity. One Young World Ambassadors are individuals who have attended at least one One Young World Summit as a delegate.
In addition, candidates will need to:
- Hold at least an undergraduate degree.
- Have a maximum of two years’ post-graduate work experience.
- Hold a minimum overall GMAT Exam score of 560, or the equivalent score on the GRE. You do not need to have completed the GMAT or GRE Exam to submit an initial application. However, if you are thinking of applying for this scholarship, you should begin researching the GMAT or GRE Exam and start preparing for it. Find out more about the GMAT here and more about the GRE here.
- Demonstrate a strong motivation to undertake your chosen Early Career masters program at London Business School.
- Be able to travel to and live in London, UK, between August 2020 and July 2021.
- Demonstrate that you are a strong Ambassador for the One Young World Community, being concerned with and making an impact on pressing social or environmental issues.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the role of business in contributing to the realization of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- Have strong written and verbal English language skills.
Start: August 2020
Graduation: July 2021
Application & Deadline
One Young World will nominate up to 15 applicants for this scholarship program.
To be considered for One Young World’s nomination, apply below before 2:00 pm (GMT) on 2 January 2020.
- Up to five of One Young World’s nominees will be contacted by LBS and invited to the second stage when they will submit formal applications for their chosen program. In addition to completing LBS’s online application, the shortlisted candidates will be required to:
- Participate in an interview with an LBS staff member or LBS alumnus/alumna (latter are based around the world).
- Provide a CV/Resume.
- Provide proof of their English language ability.
- Provide copies of university transcripts.
- Provide two references.
- Sit the GMAT or GRE Exam with a licensed testing center and provide documentary evidence of their score.
- Submit an entrance essay.
The finalists will be notified by 27 January 2020.
The deadline for these shortlisted candidates to submit their final application to LBS, including their GRE or GMAT test results, is 23 March 2020.
For more information, visit One Young World & London Business School Scholarship