Deadline: December 6, 2019
Applications are open for the New Europe College – Institute for Advanced Study Fellowship 2020-2021. The program targets early career Romanian and international researchers/academics working in the fields of humanities, social studies, law, and economics.
The duration of the Fellowship for Romanian citizens is a full academic year (10 months, starting with October 2020); for non-Romanian citizens a full academic year (10 months, starting with October 2020) or one term (5 months, starting with October 2020 or with March 2021).
The Fellows are expected to work on their own projects and take part in the scientific events organized by the New Europe College. At the end of their Fellowship, each Fellow is expected to hand in a research paper, reflecting the results of his/her work over the duration of the Fellowship. The papers will be included in an NEC publication.
The Fellowship consists of:
- A monthly stipend of 750 Euro (tax-free), accommodation in Bucharest, comprising living quarters and working space;
- Travel from the home/residence country to Bucharest and back, as well as for season holidays.
- The Fellows who stay for the whole academic year are offered a one-month research trip abroad to an institution of their choice (1,500 Euro for transportation, accommodation, and per diem).
- The Fellows will also have free access to the NEC library and electronic resources/databases.
- Open to early-career Romanian and international researchers/academics working in the fields of humanities, social studies, law, and economics.
- Applicants must hold a PhD title. Preference is given to early-career candidates and to those who have not yet benefited from an NEC Fellowship.
- Working languages: English, French, and German. Good command of English is desirable.
Applications will be submitted in electronic format only, to the address: [email protected] Candidates are asked to enter “NEC Fellowship” in the subject field of their e-mail message.
For more information, visit NEC Fellowship.