The University of Toronto was established in 1827 and it’s Canada’s biggest and most prestigious university. The university is distinguished for providing students with the chance to pursue their academic dreams at the highest level and you can be one of them thanks to the Lester B. Person International scholarship program. The program aims to recognize international students who present exceptional academic achievements and creativity.
In addition, the program takes into account the impact that the students have had on the life of their school and community alongside their potential to positively impact the world when they finish their studies. With that said, let’s go ahead and check out which are the benefits and criteria for being awarded a scholarship at the University of Toronto.
Lester B. Person International Scholarship Program: Benefits
- The tuition will be fully covered;
- The students will not be required to pay for any books,
- The scholarship will also cover incidental fees;
- The students will benefit from full residence support (for a period of four years).
Lester B. Person International Scholarship Program: Criteria
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- • an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- • currently, in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2019
- • beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2020 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2020 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
Number of Awards, Level of Study and Target Group
International students who are dreaming about studying in Canada should be pleased to find out that the program offers a total of 37 scholarships each year. Furthermore, the level/field of study in the undergraduate program offered at the University of Toronto and the target group is international students from all over the world.
Official Link and Deadline
Deadline: The school nomination deadline is 29 November 2019 and the student admissions deadline is 13 December 2019.
Application Link: Therefore, we are advising all interested students to CLICK HERE and access the official website of the scholarship program where they can find out additional information and submit their online application form