Deadline is 14 February 2020.
Do you want to study art and culture in Indonesia?
It’s difficult for art and culture students to make a living, especially when studying abroad. Fortunately, here is where the Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarships (IACS) scholarship program comes in to help.
The program was founded back in 2003 and it has been helping art and culture students achieve their dreams ever since.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia is teaming up with Indonesian Embassies and Consulate overseas in order to provide a non-degree program that lasts for three months.
The students who get accepted in the program will be divided into six groups and they will be placed in different art centers that are located in Bali, West Sumatra, East Kalimantan, East Java, South Sulawesi, and Yogyakarta. With that said, let’s go ahead and check out what are the benefits and criteria of joining this scholarship program.
Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship in 2020: Benefits
First off, we want to mention that the duration of the program will start on 2 May and last until 15 August 2020. Now, let’s see the benefits.
- Tuition fee (including extra-curricular activities);
- A round trip economy class ticket;
- Accommodation (board and lodging);
- Local transportation during the program;
- Health insurance (limited). All awardees are advised to have their own health insurance.
- Monthly allowance of Rp. 2,000,000.
Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship in 2020: Criteria
- Candidates should be single, between the ages of 21 to 27 years old with at least a high school diploma;
- Candidates should possess high interest and talent in the arts. Arts students or those with an academic history on Indonesian culture are encouraged to apply;
- Bearing in mind the intensity of the program, candidates are highly advised to ensure prime physical condition, particularly for female candidates to ensure that they do not conceive prior to and during the program;
- Participants must arrive in Indonesia a day before the Orientation Program;
- Participants must follow the whole program, including orientation program and Indonesian Channel;
- Candidates must complete the application form (attached with the official link) and submit it with particulars as mentioned in the official link.
- Basic skill in English is compulsory.
- Eligible regions: member countries of ASEAN, ASEAN+3, East Asia Summit, ASEAN Dialog Partners, ASEAN + European Union, Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation, Asia-Europe Meeting, Africa Region, Melanesian Spearhead Group and members of South West Pacific Dialog.
Official Letter and Deadline
All interested students are advised to CLICK HERE and access the official website of the scholarship program. This is where students can fill in their online application forms and find additional information. The deadline is 14 February 2020.