Do you want to study in the United Kingdom? If that is the case, then we have some great news to share with you. Three scholarships are now offering financial support to the next generation of leaders in global health. The purpose of the scholarship is to strengthen the health systems and health-related research in Africa. The scholarships are available to all applicants who are interested in studying at the London-based MSc program that is hosted by the London School of Hygiene e& Tropical Medicine (LSHTM). The scholarship lasts for one year.
If you are unfamiliar with the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, then you should know that this is a world-leading center for research and postgraduate education. All the courses supported by this program are aiming to help students in their pursuit of excellence in the fields of public and global health. London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine has a rich history of more than 120 years and the program has managed to build a strong and diverse network of academics and students during this period.
GSK Scholarship in the UK for Future Leaders: Benefits
Students who prove themselves worthy and are awarded a London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine scholarship will benefit from fully-covered tuition fees. This also includes mandatory field trips. However, the biggest benefit is the tax-free stipend that is worth 17,175.00 GBP. The stipend is considered as a living allowance.
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine: Criteria
Check out the list below to see if you are eligible for the scholarship positions offered by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine:
- be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa;
- intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM;
- confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed program of study by submitting the supplementary questions form with tick-box checked;
- meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements;
- hold a first degree at either a first or upper second-class equivalency level;
- hold an offer of admission for 2020-21 for one of LSHTM’s 18 London-based MSc programs of study;
- Eligible Regions: Resident of Sub-Saharan African Country.
Official Letter and Deadline
We are advising all students who want to benefit from this substantial scholarship to CLICK HERE and access the official website where they can find additional details. In addition, the deadline is February 12, 2020.