For those of you who would like to experience the unique research environment and opportunities available at the GIST, the Global Intern Program (GIP) offers a wonderful opportunity to experience research at GIST by having you join a research lab for eight weeks during the summer to receive valuable training and mentoring from the lab’s professor.
It will be an opportunity to help you decide if pursuing an advanced degree at GIST is right for you while gaining valuable research experience.
Global Internship Program Benefits
- You can intern and conduct research with a lab from eight GIST Graduate Schools
- You can gain valuable experience presenting your research during a poster session
- You can expand your perspective with customized GIP special lectures and classes
- You can learn Korean language and cultures at the intensive Korean Class
- GIST will reimburse you for half of your round-trip airfare to Korea
- GIST will provide you with a monthly stipend during your internship
- You will receive dormitory accommodations during your internship
- You can make new friends and meet fellow GIP Interns from all over the world
Eligibility Criteria For Global Internship Program
- International Undergraduate Seniors or Master’s Degree students
- A GPA of 3.0 or above
Requirements For Global Internship program
- GIP is only for undergraduate seniors or for master’s degree students
- When you apply, please choose your two preferred laboratories and upload your research plan. If you do not upload your research plan or choose one or two laboratories, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be processed for consideration.
- For efficient processing, please provide your street address, phone number, and full name as it appears on your passport.
- Before applying, please check the GIP eligibility requirements. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will result in your application not being processed.
By applying to the GIP program, you are agreeing to abide by GIST regulations and Korean law. Failure to abide by GIST regulations or Korean law will result in your immediate expulsion from the program at your own expense.
List of Laboratories under Global Internship program
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Environmental Science and Engineering
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Physics and Chemistry
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Institute of Integrated Technology
- Create an account with your email address
- Complete the online application form and upload the following required documents
- Original(Official) Degree Certificates
- Original(Official) Transcripts; All in English
- Letter of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency Test Result
- Applicants must make sure to press the “Submit” button after completing their applications. (Application may not be revised once it is submitted)
For online application, kindly visit the online application website
For more information about laboratory selection kindly visit GIP official site