Deadline: January 18, 2020
Applications are open for the Global Center on Adaptation Young Leaders Program 2020. The Global Center on Adaptation actively supports students and young professionals to become leaders in climate change adaptation.
As part of GCA’s commitment to build on, improve, and deliver breakthrough climate adaptation solutions, they have established two challenging programs for university graduates and young professionals, who are committed to make a difference: the Young Leaders Program and the 20/20 Adaptation Professionals Program.
About the Young Leaders Program
The Global Center on Adaptation offers internships through its Young Leaders Program. Young Leaders work with the team on issues surrounding a new global climate adaptation agenda. Interns contribute to the policy, advocacy, and research efforts that help societies across the world become more resilient to climate-related threats.
The internship takes place in the Netherlands at the premises of the Global Center on Adaptation, in Rotterdam and/or in Groningen. During the Program, Young Leaders work independently and with a team of experts on different assignments in an international and diverse environment.
Each Young Leader receives an individual assignment matched with their existing skills and expertise. Young Leaders are individually responsible for the timely completion of their assignments, with the support of supervisors. All assignments are designed to support our vision and mission.
Young Leaders can expect to enhance their understanding of climate change adaptation, and what it takes to drive forward a new global agenda. They gain experiences that enable them to consider a wide range of perspectives and connect different points of view, and develop interpersonal and leadership skills that are essential for excelling in challenging international environments.
- The Global Center on Adaptation provides a monthly compensation of €500, as well as contributions to housing and travel (including to and from the Netherlands).
- Interns are entirely responsible for their own living costs such as groceries and health insurance.
The Young Leaders Program is open to all candidates currently enrolled in a graduate program from a variety of fields in the social sciences and life sciences.
To be eligible for an internship, candidates must:
- Have an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent)
- Be enrolled in a graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s or PhD) or have graduated within 6 months of application
- Have a solid understanding of international development and climate change adaptation issues
- Have demonstrable leadership potential
- Be fluent in English. Additional knowledge of other languages such as Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, French, Russian, Portuguese is desirable.
For more information, visit Global Center on Adaptation.