The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University brings together rising leaders from around the world who have demonstrated a commitment to finding solutions to challenges in their communities, countries, and regions. Over the course of an academic year, the Obama Foundation Scholars will have the opportunity to deepen their knowledge and skills and to build new capacities and networks that will accelerate their impact in their home countries. Scholars participate in an immersive program that brings together academic, skills-based and experiential learning, designed by Columbia University in consultation with the Obama Foundation.
In addition, Scholars participate in one-of-a-kind experiences led by the Obama Foundation, including robust networking, mentorship, service activities, and values-based leadership development, offering them a chance to learn from some of the world’s most innovative leaders and to build connections with the Obama Foundation and with Obama Foundation Scholars at the University of Chicago.
Fully Funded 2020 Obama Scholars Program
The beneficiary student of Obama Foundation Scholars Program receives a full coverage in the following cost:
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University
- Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program
- Also, air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities
Eligibility for Obama Scholarship at Columbia University
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University seeks rising leaders from around the world who meet the following criteria:
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country outside the United States, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “tipping point” in their careers
- Are fluent in English (IELTS, TOFEL & PTE applicable)
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community
- Also, have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination and teamwork
How to apply for the Obama Foundation Scholar Program at Columbia University?
In order to apply for the Obama Foundation Scholarship, the candidate must complete and submit the online application form. In addition to the application form, the candidate must also upload the following documents:
- resume/curriculum vitae with a chronological listing of your employment and academic history, and other significant activities
- Short personal video statement introducing the applicant and their work to the selection committee.
- Likewise, responses to short essay questions
- Proof of English proficiency
- Also, three letters of recommendation
The Obama Foundation accepts the application for the 2020 Scholars Program at Columbia University until 13 December 2019. Applications arriving after the deadline are invalid.
|Type of Opportunity||Scholarships and Fellowships|
|Deadline||13 December 2019|
|Open to||All Nationalities|