Country: Switzerland City: Geneva
Deadline: 15 January 2020
Engineering Jobs at the UN Office in Geneva. The UN Office in Geneva announces job vacancy for Engineer at Strategic Heritage Plan. The Engineer reports to the Chief of Programme Management.
The appointee engineer will manage the program planning process, the contract management process and all the support services for the construction works and for the renovation works (the SHP) of the Palais des Nations in Geneva with respect to timeline schedules, milestones, key deliverables, requisitioning, vendor performance and logistics.
In addition to that, the appointee engineering professional will do the following jobs at the UN Office in Geneva
- Manages (as part of the Strategic Heritage Plan team) the requisitioning and contract management requirements for the renovation and restoration works of the Palais des Nations in Geneva with respect to timeline schedules, key deliverables, and budget.
- Evaluates projects and proposals (including for changes and variations) for realistic quantities and costs.
- Analyses the proposed planning, change processes, and construction contracting strategies and provides expert opinion on their feasibility and implementation.
- Evaluates and reviews emerging design and construction proposal documents for accuracy, -soundness, contractual compliance, and realistic costing.
- Also, s/he will recommend solutions to design planning and renovation challenges. Evaluates the proposed solutions, taking into account such factors as user requirements, aesthetics, architectural integrity, sustainability, local regulations, occupancy phasing, available budget, and existing contractual conditions.
- Keeps abreast of significant trends related to the development of improved planning, architectural, contractual and engineering means and methods through relevant professional journals.
- Participates in the overall efforts of the team by studying the critical determinants relating to strategic planning, design and renovation work.
In order to be eligible for the position, candidates must have the following qualifications
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in engineering or related fields. Bachelor degree holders candidates in addition to a professional qualification from a recognized engineering institution, in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience can also apply.
- At least seven years of progressively responsible experience in managing construction and renovation projects of large office facilities is necessary.
- In addition to that, previous work experience in International Organizations with specific reference to construction management; procurement requisitioning; and contract management of construction-related services is required.
- Furthermore, proven experience in overseeing technical teams.
- Engineering, facilities management, project management, construction costs, and quality is desirable.
- Similarly, the experience of managing contracts based on the templates of the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (“FIDIC contracts”).
- Quantity surveying, project cost control activities, and computer-aided design program AutoCAD. Also, procurement experience within the United Nations Common System.
Visit this link for more information.
|Type of Opportunity||General Job|
|Deadline||15 January 2020|
|Company Name||United Nations Office in Geneva|