Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam was the 11th President of India and education was one of his main focuses. The Former President wanted to transform India into a developed nation by providing students with access to high-level universities where they could get all the knowledge that they need to help their communities. With that said, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s legacy and focus on education is being remembered with the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Scholarship Program at the University of Sydney. This is where the Former President was presented with an Honorary Doctorate of Engineering back in 2011.
With that being said, the Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Scholarship Program is giving international students the chance to study in Sydney, Australia in the 2020 academic year. The application deadline is January 12, 2020 and today we are going to check out what are all the benefits that the Scholarship Program has to offer.
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Scholarship Program in Sydney 2020: Benefits
- The Scholarship is valued at 50% of the tuition fees and is tenable for one year only.
- The Scholarship will be processed for each relevant semester.
- The recipient will be required to pay for all relocation expenses to Sydney including airfares, overseas health cover, Student Amenities Fees, and any other costs associated with their studies.
- Deferral of the Scholarship is not permitted without the prior permission of the Associate Dean (Education) and it is not transferable to another University school, faculty or university.
- The Scholarship will be offered subject to the availability of funds.
- No other amount is payable.
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Postgraduate Scholarship Program in Sydney 2020: Criteria
- Applicants must be an international student and have an unconditional offer of admission for a masters by coursework program in the Faculty of Engineering.
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum distinction average (equivalent to 75 at the University of Sydney) in their undergraduate studies.
- All applicants must be commencing their degree in the same Semester and Year the Scholarship is offered.
- Students who have already commenced their postgraduate studies in the Faculty, or students transferring from another postgraduate program are not eligible.
- The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- The Scholarship will be awarded by a selection committee consisting of the Associate Dean (Education) or their nominated delegates.
- Eligible Regions: Open for all international students.
Official Letter and Deadline
If you are interested in applying for this Scholarship Program, then we are advising you to CLICK HERE and access the official website where you can find out additional information and submit your online application. Also, the deadline is January 12, 2020. There are 34 remaining days as of today (9 December).