Deadline: 31 January 2020
Applications are invited to apply for the Fully Funded DESY Summer Student Program 2020. The German DESY Summer Student Program is a Short Summer School Program for participants all around the world.
Participants from all over the world with any nationality are eligible to apply for the DESY(Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron). Every year DESY(Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron) Summer Program offers to Undergraduate and Masters students in physics, related natural science disciplines or computing the possibility to participate in the research activities in different science laboratories. Selected candidates join in the day-to-day work of research groups at the DESY Laboratory in Hamburg or Zeuthen (Berlin). DESY Summer Student Program is one of the world’s leading research programs at world top research centers.
While the work in the groups is the main activity, there will also be a series of lectures (given in English) related to the research done at DESY. Visits to the accelerators and experiments are also included in this programme.
This is a Fully Funded Scholarship that will be awarded to International Students. About 100 students from all over the world take part in DESY’s research and attend the lecture program.
This camp is a cultural learning program designed to give an understanding of culture and social awareness for participants.
You can also apply for the following opportunities in China:
- Donghua University Shanghai Scholarship 2020 – Fully Funded
- Tsinghua University CSC Scholarship in China 2020 – Fully Funded
- Northeast Agricultural University CSC Scholarship 2020 – Fully Funded
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University Scholarship 2020 – Fully Funded
DESY Summer Student Program 2020 2020 Offers:
Applications are invited for the DESY Summer Student Program 2020 from all over the world for Research tour activities in Germany for Undergraduate and Masters Students. DESY Summer Students is covering All expenses of selected 100 participants for this research Internship.
- DESY Summer Students will be paid a subsistence allowance to cover living expenses for a single person.
- Travel expenses will be covered.
Students from following major and fields can apply:
DESY will address fundamental and applied questions in the fields of
- Materials and geological sciences
- Natural Sciences
This includes research with synchrotron radiation on molecules, soft matter, solid-state and nanomaterials, the development of new experimental techniques based on synchrotron radiation and lasers and the theory of interaction of matter and light.
- Applicants Must be Foreign nationals from any part of the world.
- Applicants should not have previously been at DESY as a summer student.
- Applicants should have completed, by the summer of 2020, at least three years of full-time studies at the university level in physics, related natural science disciplines or computing. Please take note that the large majority of projects we offer are for physics students. The main target audiences are students who in summer 2020 are at the following two stages:
- They are about to obtain their Bachelor’s degree.
- They have a Bachelor’s degree and are within the first year of studies for a Master’s degree.
- Applicants who already obtained a master-degree or will obtain a master’s degree in 2020 are not accepted.
Please note that all applicants should have a good working knowledge of English, some basic computing skills and are committed to attending the whole program.
Summer School Activities:
If you want to know which activities will engage DESY Summer Students. Check: Read Now
How to Apply for DESY Summer School Program 2020:
Required Documents For Apply:
In the course of this application, you will have to upload a few documents (only PDF format is accepted). The uploading is to be done on the second page of the application:
- University Transcript
- CV (curriculum vitae), the CV should be in tabular form only and contain personal data, educational history / relevant work experience, computing and other relevant work skills (usually 1-2 pages are sufficient for the complete CV)
- 2 Recommendation Letter
You can also visit the official source.