Young African Chief Executive Directors Network (YACEDX) is an open community of change makers engaged in innovation and economic development. It brings together entrepreneurs, investors, corporates, NGOs, public and private innovation, research and economic development hubs from the 54 African countries. It gathers already a large network of over 100 business & innovation, research and investment organisations, 50+ international SMEs and entrepreneurs from 5 countries.
Our Country Directors (Ambassadors) are individuals who lead an innovation, a start-up, business or a social enterprise in their resident countries, like giving to their community and are impacting the lives of their people through their skills.
- A country Director should have good diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
- The Country Director should have good communication skills, written and oral and should be able to coordinate teams and be a self-starter.
- The Country Director should have good leadership and administration skills and relevant experience in the field s/he wants to work in.
- The country Director should network and maintain a good working relationship with other stakeholders in the industry and in the country.
- Candidates should have computer skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as MS Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint will be a plus.
- Should have critical skills to analyze and interpret basic accounting data and have basic budget preparation skills,
- Should be able to have contract and procurement making and negotiation skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Country Director will;
- be in charge of supervising YACEDX events, programs and projects.
- be expected to manage and supervise YACEDX Community Members and Volunteers.
- assists in the screening and recruiting of new staff and volunteers. S/he will provide training for employees and develop training programs for volunteers within our network.
- develop strategic plans for their countries and ensure that, the operational plans and strategic plans of the organization are met.
- be responsible for managing all the resources of the organization in the country.
- report back to his superiors and may be required to prepare mid-year and end-year reports on progress made.
- recommend projects in their community.
- help other people in need by creating campaigns for them on “Yacedx FundPress”.
- Free Business Account on www.network.yacedx.org
- Introduce social change
- Become an entrepreneurship leader in your country
- Effective communication and public speaking training
- Your name will be in our ambassadors’ list and published on our websites.
- Receive a license to organize events for YACEDX in your country
- Be part of an international community of changemakers
- Discounts on event tickets, products and services from YACEDX, on Unishop
Top Country Directors are eligible to receive,
- All expense paid trip to attend Dare2Achieve or TAMS and mentions.
Official YACEDX Country Directors will be those that meet these requirements:
- Be interested or have experience in entrepreneurship and leadership
- Leading or serving their business start-up or social enterprise at the time of application
- A resident and citizen of one of the participating 55 countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau. Kenya, the Kingdom of Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Saharawi Arab Democratic Republic, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Kingdom of Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Director will be considered without respect to race, colour, religion, sex, gender, sexuality, national origin, disability or any other protected characteristic.
- Applicants with disabilities are eligible and encouraged to apply for the position of “Country Ambassador”.
The Country Directors’ candidate selection committee by YACEDX will use the following criteria to evaluate applications and interviews:
- Demonstrated professional entrepreneurial experience and knowledge
- Commitment to a community or public service, mentorship, or volunteerism in your home country and to applying entrepreneurial and leadership skills, experience and knowledge to benefit your community and country
- Demonstrated understanding of how your personal and professional goals align with YACEDX objectives
- Demonstrated leadership, commitment to your organization or business’s success, positive attitude, initiative, and perseverance
- Demonstrated good judgment and decision-making skills.
If you are interested in creating a positive change and to be an ambassador for YACEDX, please fill this form to learn more!