The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific announces position opening for Administrative Internship in the office of China.
Basically, the UN internship is unpaid and full-time (five days per week), for a minimum duration of two months where extension up to six months is possible. In addition to that, interns will work under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office are assigned.
The incumbent on the Administrative Internship Program at the United Nations will be
- Providing support for ongoing projects as well as administrative support.
- Assisting in document, legal and internet research.
- Consolidating and sorting data.
- Working on presentations.
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Enrollment in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or enrollment in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or graduate (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
- In addition to that, computer literate in standard software applications.
- Keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs as well as willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Professional work experience is not necessary requirement for the program.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is mandatory for the internship. Furthermore, additional knowledge of an additional official UN language is an asset. Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
Candidates must complete the online application by attaching Cover Note and Personal History Profile. Moreover, the Cover Note must include
- Title of degree that candidate is currently pursuing.
- Graduation date (When will s/he be/have graduated/graduated from the program?)
- IT skills and programs that the candidate is proficient in.
- Top three areas of interest.
- Furthermore, explain why s/he is the best candidate for this specific internship. Similarly, Explain their interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
|Type of Opportunity||Internships|
|Deadline||29 February 2020|
|Open to||All Nationalities|