Deadline: January 15, 2020
Applications for the ACU Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2020 are now open. The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship is a unique opportunity to study for a two-years Master’s degree in low or middle-income country of the Commonwealth.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
Award recipients receive:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval
- Citizens (or those who hold refugee status) in a Commonwealth country are welcome to apply.
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a 2:1 equivalent level.
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
- Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship.
Make sure that you have the following documentation to upload to your application:
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two references – preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
Complete a QECS application by clicking the link below of one of the host universities:
- QECS at COMSATS University Islamabad, Pakistan
- QECS at Kwame Nkrumah University of Technology, Ghana
- QECS at Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Uganda
- QECS at the Technical University of Kenya
- QECS at the University of the West Indies
- QECS in Climate Resilience at the University of the West Indies
- QECS at the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- QECS at the University of Eswatini
- QECS in Migration Studies at the University of Ghana
- QECS in Migration Studies at the University of Nairobi, Kenya
- QECS at the Universiti Putra Malaysia
- QECS at the University of Malaya, Malaysia
- QECS at the University of Mauritius
- QECS at the University of Rwanda
- QECS at the State University of Zanzibar, Tanzania
- QECS at the University of Zambia
For more information, visit ACU.